Wednesday, May 25, 2016

How To keep kids safe on the Internet—CIRCLE (from Disney). Plus, a BIG announcement.

I don’t know if you guys remember me telling you about a tiny little box that we got several months ago, that has completely changed the internet function and usage in so many homes since its release…..and that little box, is called CIRCLE (by Disney).

As parents/grandparents/guardians of children…..we worry.  And that’s okay.  Our little kiddos are bombarded with so much more than we were as young children, and sometimes it’s overwhelming to try and regulate every little thing that comes into their life.  But one thing that especially worries so many parents, is the internet.  The things they can see, the predators online, but also, how much TIME they are spending on computers and devices.

That’s where CIRCLE comes in.  It’s a sleek little box that blocks content, pauses the internet, sets time limits (and disconnects their device), and so much more!  Here’s a reminder about what this little box does!

 

This thing has been such a lifesaver to so many homes.  But there was one huge complaint about it when I shared it several months ago.  It only worked on apple devices.  GREAT NEWS……it now works with ANDROID!!!!  MORE INFO HERE.

circle

Oh yeah, the other hang up that users were having, was not having the same protection or limits once you left your home wi-fi.  Well, CIRCLE has thought of that too…..and just came out with CIRCLE-GO!  So now, your devices are still controlled and protected when they leave the home and are using cell phone network or wi-fi at a friends house.  Love this addition!!

 

So cool, right?!!

Anyway, if you still need more info about CIRCLE and how it can help you and your home manage the internet, here are a few more things that I love!!!
1. Sets appropriate filters for EACH DEVICE (smart phone, tablet, gaming console, etc). You can use their pre-designed settings or customize your own. It blocks ads and filters unwanted content, just how you want it, depending on the user. Circle even recognizes when someone joins your network and applies your same home default settings.
 Oh, how I love this!

iOS Screen 4

2. Tracks where your family is spending their time online. And as long as I have children using my internet, I want to know what sites they’re visiting. Because I wouldn’t send them on a bus to anywhere they wanted to go. I would absolutely want to know where they were going and what their final destination will be.

iOS Screen 3

3. Gives all devices a BEDTIME. Ha! I love that it’s called a “bedtime”….but that’s exactly what it is! Devices potentially have access to the entire world and frankly, I don’t think my child needs access to the entire world at midnight. So….goodnight iPads, phones, laptops, etc!

iOS Screen 2

4. Pauses the internet. Yep, it sure can. Any time you want to and for whatever reason you need to…..go right ahead. It even stays active if it’s unplugged and has no off button. In fact, the only way to adjust or change Circle’s filtering and time management settings is through the iOS app, which is password protected and can only be downloaded on a single smartphone.
 Pretty cool, that little Circle device.

iOS Screen 1

 

And because I always like to hear what other users are saying about a product, here are what Circle customers are saying about it:

— “As the father of four kids from elementary through college age, I am not exaggerating when I say Circle is EXACTLY the device I have been looking for to control the internet in my house. Circle truly is peace of mind in a little white box.” -Wayne Stocks

. . . . .

Anyway, I was super excited that CIRCLE was developed and what that means for so many homes!  But I was a little bummed for my Android using friends…..but now that DROIDS have been added, I just had to share!

FIND CIRCLE HERE!!!

Let me know if you have any questions…..and if you’re already using CIRCLE, let me know how it’s working for you!

-Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Powered By WizardRSS.com | Full Text RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment